Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Jewelry art: Collar Choker


I've done quite a few variations on this choker over the years. This one shows three stones - green turquoise, spiderweb chalcosiderite (once called "New Landers"), and blue turquoise - but I've also made it with one large stone, or with a small stone stacked on a larger stone, or with a laminated mosaic stone.
I find asymmetry in design to be much more captivating than symmetry. This one has a unique hanging system as well: Either of the two hooks on the sides will come undone to release the choker, and a small "S" hook in the back can gather up a length of chain to shorten it, making its hanging length adjustable.

If you have a preference for stones, contact me - we'll discuss prices and delivery time! You can reach me at the studio at (505) 296-1400, or email me at David (at) StewartArt (dot) com.

DESIGN, PHOTO AND TEXT © DAVID LLOYD STEWART - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment