Sunday, January 13, 2008

Jewelry Art: "Lavender Equinox"

"Lavender Equinox"
click to enlarge
This ring, titled "Lavender Equinox", is one from my archives done many years ago. It's one of my "Layback" rings, in that it lays back over the hand when worn. In doing so, it creates the optical illusion of elongating the fingers - it puts the design further back on the hand than the eye is used to seeing it. This one is handcrafted in sterling silver as a hollow structure, with a 14K gold Spoon shape underneath the amethyst, reflecting light in a really different way. Surrounding the concave area are gold chunks radiating outwards like a sunburst. Across the top of the ring, I inlaid coral pieces as an interesting color combination.

The "Layback" theme is one I have played with for many years, and I can certainly make a variation on this design custom for you - just call me at the studio (505) 296-1400 to discuss the particulars, like stone colors, size, delivery time, etc.
DESIGN, PHOTO AND TEXT © DAVID LLOYD STEWART - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment